Since going to the Science Museum, we decided our next step would be to carry out some essential primary research.
We constructed a survey aimed at young adults aged between 20-30 years old. This survey compiled of five questions asking the user about what they do in their free time etc.
- How do you spend your free time?
- What Media do you use in your free time?
- How do you socialise with your friends?
- What hobbies do you do in your free time?
Q1 How do you spend your free time?
Q2 What media do you use in your free time?
Q4 What hobbies do you do in your free time?
As you can see from the primary research we conducted from people our age, there are some blatant correlations.
Trends we have spotted:
- Young adults socialise the majority of their free time
- The majority spend a large amount of their time out in public/public spaces
- Our audience engage and are heavily active on social media apps
From these trends we have spotted, our next step will be to develop an idea suited to both the brief and research we have conducted.
Overall, primary research in my opinion is a mixture of useful and useless information. As it depends on who the audience you are asking. But for this short amount of time we have for this brief it will assist us nicely in developing an idea.