Now we have three fairly fluffed up solid ideas, we began on that Wednesday to put our ideas through a specific test. It compiled of four questions we had to put each idea up against. These were as follows, Does our idea fit the Business Goals of Shelter as specified on the brief? Does our idea fit in the Market, what already exists etc, Does our idea appeal to their target audience or does it reach out to a new audience? and finally we had to state why all of this is true, basically how our concepts fit and work effectively. Below is the a3 sheet of one of our ideas we put through this process. This way of analysing each idea was extremely useful as it made us see the feasibility of it up against what Shelter are asking for!
Above you can see our group mind map when we went through this Biz Process. This once again was very useful as it also allowed us to think about all aspects of the concept, most importantly whether or not our idea complimented their existing rush series!
The second vital part of Wednesday was that we established that we needed to give each concept a more enticing interesting name. Our names of Block Rush, Rush Hour and Pixel Rush all sounded pretty bland. We used another pen to paper technique where by we made three circles, one for each idea, then as a collaborative team, we just shouted out as many words relating to the idea as we could. This was to just try and find a different angle for each name. It worked really well with every one of us contributing different words. Below is the A3 of our diagrams of how we got to the new names.
As you can see already how vital this day developing was to us as a group with the a3 sheets we all put together. The next process of developing though was allocating a specific tone of voice for each of the three concepts. We did a similar process using the mind map format using the all important sharpie! I strongly feel that writing ideas and development down on paper, it sticks in your head so much more than opposed to typing. We established that the tone of voice for each idea needed working on. Own It, we needed to come up with a tone of voice that steered more towards both female and male as originally it was a territorial based concept which naturally leant towards males. So instead we decided to give Own It a more business formal, can do attitude and competitive approach. Below you can see the a3 sheet of our tone of voice development.
The next step for us as a group now we had everything tweaked and fined down to how we wanted them to come across as, I set out a plan for the next day, where I set the jobs to get completed before our tissue meeting on Tuesday 21st November. I asigned the two main designers Tayo and Ruben to each do a mock up that evening to bring in to class the next day. Whilst myself and Adriya completed the copywriting tasks such as getting our visual concpets nailed down, Adriya did a very very good job of writing each concepts description in their Tone of voice!