With the pitch being only a week away where we travel to Shelters Office space in Old Street, this week was all focused on making sure everything was too the point, clear, simple and effective.
We begun the week as a group by coming back together after the weekend, discussing the parts we have each worked on over the previous two days. Adriya produced some very effective budget calculations and put together three different customer journeys with different personas for each. These were vital for our presentation during the pitch as it will show clearly to the client how one of our targets would go on their journey to finding out about Doodle Rush right through to becoming a loyal user.
As a group we then begun putting together the actual deck in which we would present to the client. At first we were going to go with the generic structure we have done in the past. Where we would include lengthy bits of text explaining things such as the technology, the workings of the app etc. But we decided to go down a different route of presenting an extremely minimal too the point deck, just having key words, visuals and numbers on screen. Also we have begun our deck showing a simple visual of a set of children's building blocks. This visual literally explains our idea immediately. In the sense of the higher you go in the levels system, the harder it gets, just like the higher you build your blocks, the harder it is to keep them balanced. Other key parts to our presentation in my opinion are they slides where we have the promotion plan, but instead of having a long table or bit of text explaining
The following day was the day scheduled in for all of our class to do a dummy pitch test run in front of our tutors Brian and Xavi. The result of our pitch to them was extremely positive and our feedback was very good. They were very impressed by our presentation as a whole. The tone of voice was very good, as it was very corporate based in terms of the style. Also they were impressed with the fact that we had actually made the app function on an iphone. So that on the day our clients can actually physically hold the phone and play around with the interface. Secondly the fact we went to the length of printing of sample stickers, again so that the client can be hands on with our pitch. Overall the feedback was to touch up on certain bits of our presentation to take them to the next level. Bringing the user journey to life as it was a bit dull and generally just little additions and tweaks.
In which we have made to the deck, and we are all set for the pitch which is next Tuesday at their office. We as a group are in a much better place now and are very prepared for the pitch in general. I think the past two weeks of really refining down what we actually want to say instead of going off on a tangent and the client losing interest. Simply by just having the important elements in the deck, and each of us having our mini checklists at hand will give us a good chance at this pitch.