This week just gone has been probably the most intense and stressful for this brief! as the deadline nears in under two weeks where we will be stood in front of the client. This week has been a case of just knuckling down to get the small nitty gritty stuff done, clear, and sorted. There have been numerous conversations amongst us where we ask ourselves are we meeting the clients needs for this and for that. Although it is tedious it needs to be done to ensure a smooth pitch.
I have written out numerous checklists with lots of messy writing on to tick off gradually throughout each day. Adriya has been constantly picking out questions to ask the group, things which we may have not had time to go back on, but with her bringing the little questions up it has ensured we do not miss anything!
Tuesday we started off with a UI/UX Workshop with Steve. This was useful for the whole class in general as not everyone had some sort of understanding of User Interface and User Experience. A very helpful element of this workshop was with the process he taught us using post it notes to map out our apps user experience. In the image below you can see how lengthy this process was but so simple, with the notes having the ability to tear off and replace anywhere. It was helpful also as once we mapped out the journey, we actually all stood there and felt like it needed simplifying down. So we took out one of the options within the app to make it super simple now, only having levels for users to unlock, where as before we had another customisable option. So overall we were glad we went through this creative process as it has steered our app into a stronger position.
On the Wednesday we got told by our tutors that on the 6th December we will be doing a rough pitch to both Brian and Xavi, this was quite eye opening for us as a group. It added to the already pile of stress! We originally set ourselves a fake deadline for the 7th of December anyway so to be honest, it wasnt too bad, just the initial thought of 'oh shit thats next week!'. This takes me onto what I did next, I put together a long list of everything in my mind which i knew needed to be done in preparation for the fake pitch next week. Below you can see the list i put together.
Also what I did was show the team the lists i put togehter, then we all picked out what we needed to do individually. Tayo was cracking on with the design of the App, whilst I sat besides him sketching out and discussing everything. Ruben was getting on with the poster designs and making mock ups for when we present how they will be used in tube stations. Adriya was putting together in depth budget estimations for all of our promotion. This goes onto my point where we all have been working very well as a team. The whole point of this Unit is all about collaborating together as individuals. Looking back how the week went, I wanted to say we are in the position we are in all because of each of us playing our part, communicating well and finally just having a positive we can attitude.
Below you can see the sketches of our UI
Over this weekend, we each know what we have to get done. So I will be getting the Deck Layout sorted, what content is going into the deck. Only making sure we have straight to the point clear points within. I also am going to try and get some of our stickers printed back home, so that we can actually physically give our clients samples of what the stickers will look like when we promote our app!