We went through many trial and errors when it came to designing our outputs such as logos, styles, eventbrite page images, gifs and even lanyards.
Below is the style sheet from my brainstorming stages at the beginning. We decided the best way to get the ball rolling was to let everyone in the team go away, design together as many different styles and come back the following week.
This process was effective as we hand picked a few and built off of them. Even taking elements from certain styles and bringing them together to make up our final concept.
The crappy ‘type for your future here’ was our first ever real light bulb moment. It was a search bar demonstrating the young creative. The search space reflects the freedom young creatives really have with their careers.
There were some gif’s I created for which I had in mind for the social posts. They were designed to grab the attention of our target audience on social media feeds such as Instagram. I used annoying or irritating sound effects to grab attention. We did not end up pitching these gif’s, but they certainly made us think about how to grab young people’s attention. As I can vouch for annoying ad’s, as they are the ones you remember and tend to talk about.
Other parts of this development process I would like to highlight is the quite amusing eventbrite image attempt. As you can see it is quite simple and s**t. This was the result of trying to come up with an idea late on a sunday night..
To summarise, all of these elements have been crucial in our development process throughout the whole project. The trial and error, failed attempts and s**t stuff has taken us in the right direction in the end.